Wednesday, October 19, 2016

The 10-Year Anniversary of the Event that Changed My Life

On October 29, 2006, my father was in a serious accident (for an earlier post I wrote about this, follow the link: 1000 Paper Cranes). For years, I've told this story as a way to share my testimony, to tell people about hope and love and faith, and to help others get to know me, because this has been a big part of my story. I've always wanted to make a video that tells this story and reflects on how it impacted me and my family, and I thought it was the perfect time since this year marks the 10-year anniversary of my father's accident.

I'm grateful to my husband Justin who shot and edited this video for me - thank you so much for helping me tell my story.

And thank you for watching and listening.


Video credit: Justin Samson

Yet if you devote your heart to him and stretch out your hands to him, if you put away the sin that is in your hand and allow no evil to dwell in your tent, then, free of fault, you will lift up your face; you will stand firm and without fear. You will surely forget your trouble, recalling it only as waters gone by. Life will be brighter than noonday, and darkness will become like morning. You will be secure, because there is hope; you will look about you and take your rest in safety. You will lie down, with no one to make you afraid, and many will court your favor.
-Job 11:13-19

5 comments:

  1. Wow!Kristin, thanks for sharing your story. I have seen the change. You are being used by God. Love, Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice story. So glad your Dad's life was spared, Kristin. So glad it lead you to the Lord.
    Love,
    Donna Dean

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bill and Marily SchneckOctober 29, 2017 at 7:31 PM

    So glad you shared this story! God is faithful - all the time. Thanks for reminding us of that.

    ReplyDelete